Monday, March 24, 2008

Organization: Flowers

I love flowers!!! I have to say, flowers were by far the most frustrating item to organize. As I've mentioned before I need my supplies to be portable. This system I came up with works really well, and leaves me room to "grow!"

First, I sorted my flowers by color, then I put like flowers together in small ziploc snack bags. In some cases I had a large amount of the flowers so I used sandwich bags.
Then I put all the smaller bags inside a 1gallon ziploc bag (with a zipper slide) marked with the color.
After I had all my flowers bags sorted, I folded the bottom of the 1 gallon bag over 1" at the bottom and secured with tape. Once all were taped I punched holes in the double fold and put them in a 5" Heavy Duty binder.

Now when I pack for a crop all I need to grab is the binder, which fits easily in my Cropper Hopper XXL tote.

1 comment:

Glee-scrap said...

Another great organizing tip!