Monday, March 10, 2008

Organization: Paper

I must admit....I'm a paper-aholic...I LOVE paper! I've been scrapping for nearly 11yrs, so you can only imagine what my paper supply looks like. Over the years I've sorted my paper a number of was, not always with much success, but I have FINALLY found a system that works for how I scrap!!
First I sorted by theme. This work well for a while, but then my system of scrapping evolved and the themed catagories were no longer functional for me.
Then I switched to sorting by manufacturer. This was a HUGE mistake for me. I found I could never find what I was looking for, or would go through 5-6 folders before finding it. Very frustrating!

Now I sort ALL my paper by prodominate color. What a time saver this has been for me!! When I scrap I always look at the colors in my photo before choosing my supplies. Now with my paper sorted by color finding a paper to go with my pictures is a breeze.Incase your wondering about the pink holders....I'll feature those in a furture post....stay tuned for details!!

I sort multi-colored papers, too busy to decide the prodominate color, together in a folder. Then I have the papers sorted in this order: red, pink, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, brown, gold, black, white, silver. I have them stored in Cropper Hopper verticle storage, with patterned paper's first followed by cardstock.

I store my paper scraps in Cropper Hopper Sticker folders. These are great little folders! They have 4 total pockets for sorting. 2 large 12x12 pockets and 2 smaller pockets. I sort py patterend paper and cardstock in the two bigger pockets and mixed and by size in the smaller pockets. These are stored in the CH verticle storage behind the cardstock.

No comments: